Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Shine A Light

I've been to a lot of concerts, at a lot of venues, in a lot of cities and in a couple of countries. The one thing I've learned through it all is that you can never expect anything. Band quality differs from night to night and the crowds are never the same. It might be the best show you've ever seen, but the crowd could react as if they were buying prunes at a geriatric convention.

Last night was special. The place was sold out and the crowd was almost as psyched as me to see the show. The band didn't play a tight/precise set, but it didn't matter and nobody cared. I didn't care. It was a great show and more than lived up to the hype in my opinion. Hell, I will go as far to say that it had one of the most enthusiastic crowds I've ever seen for a indie show at the Commodore.

Highlights: "I'll Believe In Anything" got one of the biggest crowd reactions and was the single song I wanted to here above all else. It was... as if I woke from a coma.

Lowlights: As per the show, there really weren't any, but Banks getting her foot stepped on sucked. Hope it felt better today.


A quick picture of Spencer Krug. I'll post up some more photos tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home