Sunday, July 30, 2006

Say Something New

I walked through English Bay this afternoon. Surrounded by people holding hands, people walking dogs and people laying in the shade. I walked without reason. I walked as the wind off of the ocean swept up the beach and through the hair of the blonde sitting on a bench eating an ice cream cone. I walked to her.

I walked until a boat picked me up and took me out to sea. It was a boat filled with pirates. And monkeys. And midgets. It was a boat filled with offers of rum, but I said, "No thanks pirate. I don't drink alcohol that way anymore."

He drank it for me.

Then Pillaged.

In a boat, chasing the sun as it moved slowly across the sky. Higher and higher. Lower and lower. Chasing it until I had to turn around and come home.

I took the monkey with me. I'm going to teach it how to pick pockets and then dress him up in a little outfit and give two symbols to bang. I'll then probably end up throwing him away because those monkeys scare me.

Sitting here in a dimly lit room with the sun setting and the moon in the sky. The flicker of lights from a giant globe to the left of me and the crash and bang of a drummer pouring through speakers in front of me. The taste of Italian food and wine resonating in my mouth.

I'm going to be up for a while. Call me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home