Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers Day

I love my mother. I don't think that there has been a second in my 23 years on this planet that I haven't. I would never classify myself as a mama's boy, especially considering that I see my mother maybe once every two weeks, but I know for a fact that I am a better person because of her. Hell, I am a person because of her.

She is definetly not as cool as Teri or as young and fun as Lorraine, but that doesn't stop me from loving her any more. It also doesn't stop me from showing up to every single family get together we've had over the past two years as hung over as Pete Doherty the first morning of rehab. I don't know what it is or how it happens, but at least I'm consistent.

I tell her I lover her, but I don't think I tell her that I appreciate everything she's done and sacrificed for my sisters and I. I'm eternally grateful for everything and don't think that I could ever fully repay her. I am going to try though. That is until she gets too old to take care of herself, at that point I'm sending her to an old folks home.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home