Monday, March 20, 2006

Strange Days

Look and listen. I'm going to be quite honest and Frank in my recap of this past weekend. Wait, I'm going to be quite honest and Geoff in my recap of this past weekend, while most other names will be removed or changed to make them only slightly less obvious to those involved.

  • St. Patty's day was, for the most part, spectacular in it's ability to remain average. After a week of tremendous build up and rising expectations, the party fell pretty flat. Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. The night started off great. About 6 of the guys and myself had a BBQ and pre-drinking get together at Shaun's place before hand. Amazing food and more laughs than I could remember or would even try to. Next was the bar. On a Navy Base. Only half full. Tops. The music was all over the place and the sound system sucked. The drinks were cheap enough, but almost not worth it because of the lack of selection. However, I still found myself having a good time. I was having fun with the people I was with and that's really all that mattered. Only a little bit of drama, but I'll get to that later. After the bar it was back to Shaun's for a more subdued party that mostly consisted of music, conversation, a few drinks and consistently asking Corporal, "What the hell are you doing here?"
  • After the party, I went back to ...........'s to sleep. Last thing I remember is being kicked out of bed. I wake up in the morning, still in the bed, only I'm now alone. Weird. Alarm rings. She walks in, turns off the alarm and walks out with it. Wait. What's happening? I wait 5 minutes, gather my thoughts, get up, walk out to the kitchen and then look at the couch. Yup, she's sleeping on the couch. Ouch. Knowing I'm in shit, I throw my shoes on and walk out the door. What did I do? Can't remember.
  • To the Drama: The funniest part of the night was when a 5'5", 60 year old man with a handlebar moustache right out of a 1980's West Virginia tractor pull walked up to me and challenged me to a fight. Why? Because I was having a conversation and uttered the words "Fuck Calgary." Turns out that when you're on a Navy Base, you should know what names Canadian Naval ships have and to the extent that Naval officers will go to stand up for those ships.
  • Saturday was an even bigger mess than Friday. From the "bar" opening at 11 am and the BK Lounge at 12, we found ourselves watching a Rugby match at the Cap Rugby Club, drunken shopping, watching Rocky and having another BBQ. The full on party started at about 6ish and was good and upity until about 10 when I hit the wall. After a nap for about an hour and a half, I awoke and had a pretty meaningful conversation. I remember the topic and I remember bits and pieces of what was said, but I can't for the life of me remember what REALLY was said. I just know that it had to do with me getting kicked out of bed the night before and that's about it. I'm going to pretend that I know what was said though, because you guys know how I like to talk about that sort of stuff.
  • Most of the night went by okay and as expected. Lunch Box took his shirt off, a massage was given, a girlfriend was cheated on and Drama got angry and snored. The only real down point to the night was me walking downstairs with plans to leave and seeing something I didn't really want to see.
  • Sunday we slept in. Well, slept in until about 11 and then everybody dispersed and returned to their everyday lives. I, having the day off, went up Cypress and rode for a couple hours. It wasn't as busy as I expected and just being able to ride and get my mind off of things was what I needed.
  • Yesterday, after riding, I started thinking again. I had an epiphany. Actually, I had two, but one is something that I'm going to talk about and one has to do with midgets. The epiphany is kinda/sorta serious and explains a lot about why I've been getting into certain situations lately. I could write it out right now, but I really don't feel like it. Not to mention that looking back on how much I've written I'd be surprised if anyone read anymore of this, so I'm going to post it tomorrow.
  • Call me. Email me. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home