Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Muddle

Reconnecting with old friends is funny.

Expectations are funny.

I mean, depending on how long it's been since the last time you've spoken or seen each other, you very well could be two completely different people and not even know it. On the flip side, you could very well be the exact same person and it could be quite tragic.

It's about 11:30 and I've just returned home from an evening spent with a friend I haven't seen in about 3-4 years. I didn't know what to expect, maybe a dinner filled with awkward silences and more than a couple glances at my phone hoping for it to ring. You see, she's a different person now. I'm a different person now. Yet somehow, some way, tonight we still got on just as well as we did the day we stopped talking. It's weird how some things just seem to click and how no matter what happens, what changes and what you've been through, you just get on well with someone.

Still, with all that said, I'm glad it's over. I've been ignoring phone calls and emails for so long now that it's cool to get it all out of the way. I don't think that things will ever truly get back to the way they were and I don't think that I will ever want them to. This past year of my life has been enlightening and lately, more so than ever, I've been realizing what and who are important in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home