Sunday, March 26, 2006

Alone We Stand, Together We Fall Apart

Here's the thing ladies and gentlemen, I know I'm great and I love myself for it. I can't help myself and sometimes it drive me nuts. I think that even if I cheated on myself, I'd be a bitch and take me back. Of course, I'd have to take myself out to dinner and hold my hand, but you know I'd just end up on my back by the end of the night.

My point? I really don't have one, I just started writing and that's what came out. Since Wednesday my life has been a blur of strange events, people and places. The days have melted together to the point that they are almost unable to be separated. What did I do? I don't think I could begin to tell you about it, so I'm going to just post some short and very random bits of information, coupled with some link dumping.

  • Saturday morning I woke up in my car with no idea of how I got there or where I was, I had a pink "Kansas City BBQ" wrist band/pass on my wrist with no idea of how it got there or what it was for and I had $100 in my pocket that wasn't there when I started the night. The only thing I know for sure is that my phone says I spoke with Leah around 4 in the morning. Sorry about that.
  • On the topic of phones, I've had a love hate relationship with mine for years. I mean, I love the little guy and for the most part he's one of my favorite companions. However, when I'm drunk he turns into a messenger of death and a bitter enemy. Smugly trafficking horrible text messages or playing middle man to the inevitable "drunk dials" at the worst possible times. Why randomly dialing people at 3 am feels like a good idea when under the influence is a mystery that will probably plague mankind for eternity.
  • "You re an asshole. You should stop drinking." - Instant inductee into the text message hall of fame.
  • I'm not going to call tonight, maybe tomorrow, but if you want to talk or hang out, call me or email me. I'm beyond confused as to what the fuck happened and disappointed that my weekend didn't include you in it.
  • New "Bunny Suicides" - 5 and 6
  • Favorite song at the moment: Ryan Adams - If I am a Stranger.
  • Favorite Album at the moment: Pixies - Doolittle.
  • Possibly going to the Metric concert on the weekend. I'm Psyched.
  • The Epiphany post is 90% done, I've just gotten to the point that so much time has passed since it was relevant that I could care less about finishing it. It will be up eventually.
  • Work Schedule is the same, as per usual: 8 - 3 or 4, Mon-Fri.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home