Monday, February 13, 2006

Brokeback Weekend

I don't know what I could say that would do this past weekend any justice. I don't know where I'd even begin. I guess the beginning would be as good a place as any, but following any sort of structure in writing this would be such an injustice to the weekend itself that I couldn't bring myself to do it.

If you had told me before hand that we would have spent the weekend being sold out by half of the people who were supposed to come, I would have told you that I'd be pissed. I wasn't. It was perfect. And if you had told me that one of the horses would go blind and crazy and then end up having to be put down, I would have thought it would have ruined the weekend. It didn't. It's just another story and the ticket to another weekend.

You see, the past couple of days were perfect in their imperfections. From people not showing up and people selling out, to a horse dying and a 2 hour car ride worth of comfortable silence, it was beautiful. I'd write a more detailed recap, but this post is going to be like the weekend itself, over way to soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home