Thursday, January 05, 2006

Resolutions

Everyone is talking about New Years resolutions. Asking questions, making statements, Blah Blah Blah.

My New Years resolution? Stop making New Years resolutions.

Seriously, I can't say I've heard of more than a handful of people who actually end up going through with their resolutions. Well, only a handful of people who end up being successful with their resolutions. Why? People sit there and make statements about changing their lives, but almost always aren't ready for that change. They sit there and say, "well, I guess I have to make a New Years resolution... Maybe I'll quit smoking. Maybe I'll start exercising. Maybe I'll stop killing infants." Why do people feel that they have to do these things? They are forcing themselves into these changes and I don't know about you, but forcing me to do something just makes it that much harder. Just ask the babies in my basement.

The only way to actually be successful in these situations is to be sure you WANT to do it in the first place. If someone isn't mentally ready to do something, all forcing them accomplishes is failure. That's why I'm not making a New Years resolution. It's not that there aren't things about myself I want to change or things in my life I want to improve on. There are, trust me. I just know that the only way to accomplish these things is to be mentally prepared for the challenges that will inevitably come with the change.

Too bad for the babies.

3 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

I hate new years resolutions, it just makes my gym busier

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are one crazy, unstable, cocksucker, mother fucker

6:49 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Coming from someone whose parents named him/her anonymous, I say you take a closer look at your own family before throwing out labels such as crazy and unstable. Not that it bothers me at all, from you I'll take it as a compliment. Play in traffic.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home