Saturday, December 24, 2005

December Is For Cynics

1:25 am. Just got home.

Christmas Eve Eve. This has probably been the most relaxed, uneventful and seemingly unimportant holiday season of my life. I have watched hockey games, been out for candle light dinners, for birthdays and to bars and apartments with friends. In everything I've done though, nothing has been centered around Christmas or the holidays. It has been like every other week of every other month this year. Not that I'm complaining, I am a man who fears change, but I'm sitting here and wondering how the hell Christmas just came out of nowhere. Besides finishing my shopping a couple weeks ago, I haven't thought about it once.

Well starting at about 2 tomorrow that's really all I'm going to be thinking about for the next two days. I have two (maybe 3) family get together's to go to, which insure that I'm going to be drunk off my stool for the next few days. I'm writing this as a warning, because:

1) I will probably not post anything for a couple days

2) I may forget to call and wish some of you a Merry Christmas (so this goes out to you)

3) I may just call you while drunk and we all know how well that works.

So Merry Christmas to everyone I don't care about enough to email or call. Here are some links to hold you over until the next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home