Monday, November 07, 2005

It's A Luscious Mix Of Words And Tricks

  • School. What to say about school? Well, as Matt Damon so eloquently put it in Good Will Hunting, "you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin' education you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library." Now my education isn't sitting anywhere near a hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and thankfully I don't have any late "chahges" at the library, but I find myself learning more and expanding my views and horizons more on my own. On my own time. The education system is flawed on very fundamental levels and as each day passes I'm beginning to think that it is getting to the point that people will start seeking out alternative means of education. Hell, if it weren't for the fact that at the end of it all I'd have a piece of paper that would at least get companies to look at my resume, I'd be doing something more constructive with my time. Such as battling evil talking monkeys.

  • I've always prided myself on telling the truth. It's a curse. If I can't tell someone the truth I just don't answer the question or avoid the person so I don't have to lie. If I can't avoid the person I might just avoid certain subjects or tell them I can't talk about something. The problem is that as much good as telling the truth might do someone in the long run, they never want to hear it. People love being in their little bubbles, in their little worlds where no one hurts them and everything works out. If you know what happened Friday night, I just want to say that it came from me telling the truth. Period.

  • Correction: The Bourbon has not changed its name, Keller just smokes crack.

  • To make sure I don't get another email about my post titles. Yes, most of them are song titles or lyrics. Yes, this one too. No, your not clever. I'm tricky like that.

  • Look out for a more serious and focused post tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home