Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Geoff's Version Of An Apology

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm pretty sure I'm the greatest person to ever walk the face of the earth. Honestly, I'm amazing and it feels as good as it looks. To put this in perspective for all you mere mortals, just today I saved Sienna Miller from Jude Law. It was spectacular, but we're trying to keep it under wraps for now. I mean, the press would just have a field day with it and I'm not using my powers for fame and fortune. I'm like Clark Kent, but cooler. I can be Superman, but I walk around in disguise all day as not to attract unwanted attention.

You see, that's another thing that makes me so freaking unbelievable. I'm modest. You're probably sitting there saying to yourself:

"But Geoff! You're so amazing, you don't have to be modest!"

"!!!!!"

We'll citizen, I'm just like anyone else. Case in point, sometimes when I drink I want nothing more than to avoid conflict. I just want to have a good time. So whether that conflict is with myself and my own emotions or with someone I may be angry with, I don't want to deal with it when I'm drinking. Period. I'll talk about it tomorrow, next week, whenever. It's just that I've seen too many people say and do things that they regret when they are drunk that I pull myself out of situations to avoid doing or saying something I'll regret.

On Saturday, I was dealing with both of the above stated conflicts (my own emotions and anger with someone else, for those too lazy to look 8 lines up). I didn't want to create a situation more awkward than it already was or just basically make the situation worse. So what did I do? I went out to get some air. I went outside and tried to relax. Then I just left. No goodbyes and no warning. I packed my figurative shit and walked it off on my way home. Ask me now why I think this is the best way to solve a problem and I'd tell you, "because I said so bitch." Seriously, I don't know and for that I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I was a dick, but sometimes when you have one, you can't help it. To the one person I actually cared about not saying goodbye to, I'm sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home