Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Happenings

It's funny how accustomed you get to doing certain things and when they are taken away you don't really know what to do. Maybe it's just how you get accustomed to doing "things," or so accustomed to a routine that when your stuck doing nothing or the routine changes it becomes almost unbearable. Over the course of the summer I spent almost every single day or night out, whether it was partying, going out for dinner, lunch, coffee, camping, road trips, going to the beach, hiking... Whatever it was, I was rarely home. Now with school back in full swing, I find myself sitting here reading and studying, but my mind and body are going through withdrawals. I've spent so much time out and with certain people that when I don't see them or am out doing something I don't know what to do with myself.

Do I do more homework? Wait, it's done.

Do I watch television? God it's awful.

Do I sit here and write about nothing? Well you've seen how productive my last few posts have been!

I'm in that weird transitional phase that people go through when they kick a drug habit, quit smoking or maybe go on a diet. It's really hard for the first little while, but soon becomes easier and easier to slip into the new slippers of apathy and laziness. I've actually had the novel idea that to take my mind off of not doing anything, I'm going to cut out drinking completely for the foreseeable future. That's right... I'm going to combat boredom by doing even less. What sparked this novel idea you might ask? Well I have to blame it on a conversation I had while out for dinner a couple of nights back. It got me thinking about what I want, how I feel about certain things and basically made me take a real introspective look at myself and where I am. This is the only place I'm talking about this, because I don't want to be the person who says they are doing something and then quits or fails. I make fun of that person all the time.

Done Rambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home