Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Epitome Of Cool

Yesterday, for some reason or another, I was compelled to write about the word 'cool' and what it is supposed to mean. When I was done ranting, I started thinking about what the very epitome of cool is. What/who completely embodies coolness? As I wrote in my post yesterday, it is all relative. Like beauty it is somewhat in the eye of the beholder, not everyone has the same exact idea of what cool is. The cool goth kid isn't going to think that the completely original hipster is cool and vice versa. However, everyone that truly is cool share a lot of the same qualities (for a recap, refer to yesterdays post).

So after maybe 24 hours of contemplation, meditation, and mental masturbation, I couldn't think of one person that was the embodiment of cool. I thought of three:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr & Frank Sinatra)
Even in death, these three men are cooler than anyone that has tried to follow in their footsteps. They did what they wanted, when they wanted. They said whatever was on their mind and didn't care what anyone else thought about it. They cared only about making life fun and anyone who wanted to come along for the ride was welcome. And anyone was everyone. They were and still are the coolest three people of all time and the complete and utter embodiment of the word Cool.
I acknowledge that there will probably be people that disagree with me, those people are wrong. However, arguments or Nominations of people that are almost as cool are welcome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darcy said...

On a slight tangent...
probably the LEAST cool thing I can think of is spelling cool with a K: Kool.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

I absolutely agree... except of course when it is followed by "-aid". Then, of course, it is just delicious.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home