Sunday, April 10, 2005

Bar None

The lamest/worst night ever, has to go to my night tonight. I spent the first half of the evening studying for two exams that I have this week and then the second half of the evening standing out front of The Royal, only to have the person I came to see treat me like the bouncer. I find it funny really, I'm not mad at anyone or anything but myself right now. Expectations are a very dangerous thing to have set. A wise woman once told me in one of our very first conversations that, she never has expectations because "you can never be let down without them." I used to laugh at those words the same way I would look at the saying, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" as being cliche. Expectations are a beautiful thing, hopes and dreams are beautiful. However, one thing I learned tonight is that there is no such thing as perfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home