Tuesday, March 22, 2005

?

I'm going to try and post something different for once in a long while...

Over the past couple weeks I have slipped back into a very unhealthy sleeping pattern that could pretty much pass for sleep deprivation. Why? It's a combination of things really; Some nights it's because I have so much work to do for school that I don't have time for sleep, other nights it's for reasons you could probably think of. The fact remains, right now I am running on 3 hours of spotty sleep and I had a comfortable 5 hours the night before. I am tired, I can feel it. My eyes are heavy, my concentration wanes and my energy level is borderline sluggish. I was told that exercise is a good cure for insomnia because it gets you moving and naturally makes your body tired. So I have been working out 5 days a week and running or walking 7 days a week. Yes, it does tire me out, but I still can't sleep. I guess its a good think Im not a big gambler because my cards a really cold right now.

At night I'll lay down, hugging a pillow and stare blankly at the blinds, the ceiling or my doors for hours upon hours. Sometimes I get so fed up of staring at nothing that I roll over and sit in front of the computer or turn on the TV. All the while thinking, "I fall asleep during movies or TV shows all the time." Not now. When I want to fall asleep during a show or a movie I can't. Figures. One brightside of this is that I feel I understand why all great artists and thinkers never slept. I've never been as pleased with an essay as I was with the one I handed in yesterday. When I'm busy not concentrating in class, my doodles (see: Drawings) are getting better and better. I actually got a few complements on them today... One being from one of my teachers. I hope the creativity continues because I am going to be stuck in books for the next week. 1 paper down - 2 to go.

I don't know what the point of this post was. Maybe to keep me occupied while I ignore the ever growing mound of readings and homework I have to do. Maybe to keep the creative flow of thoughts running while I can. Maybe it's just because I'd like to let you all know I'm here, all the while wishing I was there... Sleeping and trapt in a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home