Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Too Lucky?

Is there such a thing as winning too often?

This is the question that im asking myself right now. My family and friends seem to think that im blessed with so much luck that I cannot lose. Normally this would be great, but the problem here is that it is starting to seriously annoy the people around me. I don't know what it is, but it seems that every other contest I enter I always end up winning. On Sunday I was informed that I won a weekend accomodation's in some fancy hotel up in Whistler, B.C. Some of the other things that I have won in the past include....

  • Two tickets and backstage passes to a Black Eyed Peas concert.

  • The oppertunity to be the ball boy for the Vancouver Grizzlies for two games. Plus two courtside tickets, a tracksuit, a signed ball and a warm up jersey.

  • Lenny Kravitz concert tickets.

  • Best seats in the house at a Pub for a playoff hockey game. This included free beer and food for me and 6 friends (although I only brought 4, all the more for the rest of us!)

  • Stick Autographed by the Vancouver Canucks, plus game tickets.

Now these are just some of the more expensive things I have won in the past. I have won more than my fare share of movie tickets, free meals and scratch 'n' wins. So when I won the trip I thought that this was great, I was so excited about it. However, when I told anyone, the first thing out of their mouths was always something along the lines of.... "oh my god, you won something again, geeze.... you always win, give it to me." I was kind of shocked at first because I've never really thought about the amount of times that I do end up winning. So when I stopped and thought about it all, it does seem like I win more often than not. The thing here is that I almost always enter any contest, no matter what it is. I love the idea of getting something for free. It's just so darn appealing. So when I add it all up, I probably lose an aweful lot more than I win. The trick is, you have to be in it to win it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darcy said...

So long as I get to share in your lucky winnings, it's not TOO lucky! ;)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home