Sunday, December 12, 2004

Sobriety is Sobering.

Every once and while, well.... every once and a long while, i like to just take a night off and play the designated nerd and not drink. Last night was one of those nights. I know some of my friends are retarded (whether or not they are legally retarded is up for debate), but when they drink the bar is raised so high i begin to think that they would lose to Belarus in the Special Olympics. Anyways, last night we went to the Bourbon as per usual. At about 10:30 i arrived to my buddy Lois almost passed out on a table and my other friend PJH declaring, "Im sooooo drunk, i need to get slapped by any chick here." Now normally this isn't a big deal. Lois drinks till he throws up and PJH is normally has to let everyone know how drunk he is. Why he does this I dont really know, I mean if you're so drunk, shut up and keep drinking dammit. Sorry, im getting beside myself here, back to the story.... There were about 6 other people there, all suffering through differing degrees of drunk. None of this is usually a problem, i've grown to love these people as much as i can love anyone (and thats saying a lot). However, when i am sober, i have come to the conclusion that they are the most annoying people in the fucking world. Yes, i am including Carrot Top, Carson Daly and Jessica Simpson in the list as well. After thinking about why they were annoying me so much i came to the conclusion, i am a better... more understanding human being when i am drunk. This must be what crack heads or heroin addicts go through when trying to kick their habits, i was litterally shocked to my senses. I need to drink at a much higher frequency, thank god i fell off the wagon when i did. '



Oh and on a side not, R.I.P Dimebag Darrel. He and the band Pantera almost single handedly made me love metal as a kid. The first real concert i went to was Pantera/Whitezombie in '96. He was a genious, a living legend and he will be forever missed. Rest in piece.